Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Old Time "Christmas Sleds"

Here goes my very first x-mas project and I am so pleased with the way it turned out.
You see I was at my local thrift store when I happened upon the bodies of these adorable sleds. They were all yucky and stuck off in a lonely corner of the store but I quickly snatched them up for 25cents!
They reminded me of my childhood sled that I loved cruising down tightly packed snowy covered hills on.It brought back many fond memories for me.Any whoo,I cleaned them both up and drilled some holes at the tops for rope and began painting.Once again I made some homemade chalk paint as I love the finish it brings.After the paint I added some rope and roughed up the surface a bit then embellished with a grapevine wreath and some mini pine cones and the finished project!


3 comments:

BeingBrook said...

The sleds turned out so cute! My boys would probably steal them and use them as actual sleds though-LOL. Perfect decorations for the front porch-great job!

Jessica said...

Oh wow, love them. You did such a great job!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

aw, those look adorable! so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...