Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

An "OLD" Box

   Isn't it funny how the simplest finds are the ones that excite you the most? A treasure,a diamond in the rough, well you get it..Well this morning I was frequenting my local Salvation Army again hoping that they would have a change of heart and not charge astronomical prices for used furniture anymore,when out of the corner of my eye I saw this beat up old funky wood box,bowl? It was large and old and I could clearly see it had seen better days so I snatched it up and headed for home! Best part,$1.99 AWESOME!!
So I got it home and cleaned it up some and then put on a coat of dark walnut stain then a coat of white primer followed by a coat of Heirloom white.Then I remembered a trick from my Very cool pal Holly and I scrapped off the paint in places with a razor blade and that's all she wrote!! Now my favorite magazines have a place to rest:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! I have a thing for boxes and totes and trays these days. Thanks for the idea, I might try that razor blade thing. michele

Full Circle Creations said...

I love that box!!! I totally would have snatched that up too. Love it! And I love what you did with it too. It looks great.

Holly

Meg said...

Love it! I'm a box lover myself (we're getting so many I'm not sure what to store in them anymore)! I love the shabby chic look you gave the box---perfect!

Stephanie said...

Love it! I love finding things at thrift stores, too!

Holly said...

Deed...Your blog looks great! I like it all bigger and stuff. Your magazine box is cute.

Artsy VaVa said...

I love the old box and what you did with it. I love finds like that. I seem to find a lot of old tool boxes like the kids used to make in boy scouts. I paint and distress them and they sell like crazy!

Brandi said...

Great makeover! I love the way you lightly distressed it!

Lish said...

I love that box, I always look for rough old boxes when out and about, my husband just shakes his head, because I have a whole stack of them at home already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...