Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

A New Purpose for a Tired Old Lamp

 Hi again it seems like ages since I posted a project but you see my family has been sick with everything but the bubonic plague and so I've sort of been out of commission for awhile.
This is just a little something I did over the weekend with an old floor lamp that had seen better days.
















Pin It

The top glass bowl on the lamp was broken so I thought it would make a sturdy candle holder that I could just stick in a corner somewhere.First I took it all apart and I shortened it by unscrewing one of the pole attachments.Next I hit it with some white primer, then gorilla glued the pretty topper on.At first it was great until I was bent over trying to do the next step when the candle fell out and hit me in the head!Light bulb moment! I assessed the situation and realized that I needed something to sit inside the fluted topper that was flat enough to hold the candle.Brainstorm!A pickle jar lid worked just perfectly.So I rubbed some dark walnut stain over the whole thing and wiped off just a bit and now I have a lovely floor candle holder.









Linking To:Sassy Sites!
Linking To:Shabby Creek Cottage
Linking To: Domestically Speaking
Linking To: The Sasse Life
Linking To:Made In A Day
Linking To:My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Linking To:At Home With K
Linking To:A Diamond In The Stuff
Linking To:Positively Splendid
Linking To:My 1929 Charmer
Linking To: Im One Project Closer!
Linking To:Two Thirty- Five Designs
linking to:Get outta My head Please       Linking To: Someday Crafts

9 comments:

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

This is great! Love how you transformed the old lamp! Great job! :)

Meeha Meeha said...

I would have never thought of that :)) It turned out great.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Great restyle to an old lamp!! Visiting from Sunday's Best Party! Drop by my blog sometime!

Larrisa Hill Designs said...

Great repurpose....I'm now on the hunt for an old floor lamp. Heather

Vicky said...

I did the same thing!!! Great minds think alike!!! Great job. Love the colour of the candle.

Courtney said...

Nice one!! Great way to recycle and re use!!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I swear I would never of thought of that! Love how you transformed the lamp! Ok - now I need to find an old floor lamp - have any extras. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

The Lovely Mrs. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lovely Mrs. P said...

Thank you for linking up last week at my Blog Hop Social, this weeks is up and running! Stop by on Thursdays and link something up to my craft linky party too! Great job on this giant candle holder! Love it!
Kim@madeinaday
http://madeinaday.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...