Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

White Re-Fresh


Today I thought I'd start with the finished project first,these are the two Very solid detailed candle blocks I found at my Salvation Army for 99cents.They were quite heavy and quite ugly:)I got home and went to work making them into a pair of Shabby Chic Chippy candle holders that I'd be proud to display in my home.First I painted them Turquoise then in the grooves I gave them a little fern green,and lastly a rough coating of white.When all were dry I laid into them with some rough sand paper until I achieved the look I was after.Well,what do you think? I Love them:)






Pin It

Now all that's left to do is to find two beautiful pillar candles!




























Linking To:My 1929 Charmer
Linking To: Redoux
Linking To:Embracing Change
Linking To: Serenity Now

15 comments:

Lani Derrick said...

These look awesome!!! Following :)

Holly said...

Nice D! Your blog looks great!

Rasonda @ Lake Cottage Dreams said...

Beautiful!

Aledia said...

I LOVE them!! What a fabulous makeover!

Blessings,
Aledia

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

These are beautiful. I'm visiting from Down to Earth Style.

Holly said...

I gave you an award...
Down to Earth Style

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

These are great! They are very much like the candle holders PB is showing in the latest catalog! Nice job!
Susan
Homeroad

All Things Chic 2 said...

Great find...and great job...Gotta love the Salvation Army...I just started blogging and I invite you to visit my new blog...Blessings Lori

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

They turned out perfectly aged! I love how you used some turquoise and green under the white.
Visiting from Down to Earth Style and newly following you!

~Shanon

Revi said...

Deidre, we are SO on the same page! I'm painting everything white these days, and loving it! Your candle holders look great. :)
-Revi

The Stuff of Success said...

I am your newest follower from TheStuffofSuccess - great project - it came out beautifully. Stopping over from the Sunday Social at The Sasse Life. Thanks Athena

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Great score, great job. So pretty now. What a great makeover. Thanks for sharing your creative inspirations over at Sunday's Best.

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

These are so awesome!! I am loving blue, aqua, turquoise undertones these days. It's the perfect touch to your new distressed beauties. :)
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

The Lovely Mrs. P said...

Love these too!
Kim@madeinady
http://madeinaday.com

Stacey said...

Thanks for linking up! Please come back tomorrow to link something up this week - I would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...