Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

DIY GARDEN BIRDBATH/FEEDER


Good morning! Today I thought I'd show you how I make my birdbaths and feeders that I have all about my gardens.They are very affordable to make and easy as well.

First you need a bag of quickcrete cement $4  ,a bucket water,a stirrer,plastic wrap,sand and a leaf of your choice,now lets get started.First your going to mound up your sand into a small pile,this retains the cup like shape of your leaf.





















Pin It

The next thing is to cover your mound of sand with plastic wrap.Now add your cement to your bucket and SLOWLY add enough water to get a brownie like consistency.

Now place your leaf of choice face down on the pile and mound the cement on top and just out to the edges taking care to make the edges not to thin.Make the center a bit thicker and flatten out as this will be the bottom and will sit wherever you put it. Now cover up with plastic wrap and wait overnight to cure.Carefully remove your leaf from the cast,it should peel right out.Now your ready to have some fun,just get some acrylic paints and dilute them with some water and go to town!When they are dry you can seal them with Thompsons water sealer.

Here are some others that I've made as well.

Linking To:I Gotta Try That
Linking To: At Home With K
Linking To:New Nostalgia
Linking To: Homestories A2Z
Linking To:Youre Talking Too Much
Linking To: Ask Anna
Linking To:Positively Splendid
Linking To:Embracing Change
Linking To: Katherines Corner
Linking To:Here Comes The Sun
LInking To:DIY CLUB Inc.

28 comments:

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

I've seen these done before but never with the leaf left in - I think it adds so much more to them. Sounds like another project to add to my list. I'm pinning it so I don't forget!!

Paula said...

What a neat project! Is the leaf covered in concrete and somehow preserved by it to keep its color?

Evelyn said...

How clever you are! This is something anyone should be able to make with your great instructions. Just popping over from Here comes the Sun to check this out:) I would love for you to share this at Freedom Fridays. So hoping to see you there!
PS Still enjoying following you.

Sylvia said...

This is such an interesting project and you made it look easy. I love the way your leaves turn up. I will be back for more inspiring ideas.

ANudge said...

Amazing! I love all the texture it has. Thanks for sharing.

My Little Home and Garden said...

Wow. Those are really beautiful!

Evelyn said...

I just told my sweet hubby that I so wanted us to make these. I just need to find the right leaves. He is in! Thank you for sharing this at Freedom Fridays, I so appreciate your support of my party.

Kirstin said...

Ooooh, these are beautiful! Something for me to try with my girls this summer :)

Katherines Corner said...

What a great idea, I love this project. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

niartist said...

I'm gonna give this a try Deidre, I mean - I don't know that I can do it - but I'm gonna give it a go!! I've seen these linked up to make fountains and they always look so beautiful - but I REALLY love the idea of having a few of them scattered about the garden.

Morena Hockley said...

Love this idea and the colors you chose!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Wow! They are gorgeous. I've put this on my gotta do this list. Thanks!

Beth@A to Z said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Marcie said...

Those are awesome! You have such a fun blog. Please come share at my linky party!
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

Tammy said...

What a great project! Love it!!! I so want to do this...thanks for sharing!

Perfect Imperfections by Jeanne said...

These are just lovely! I have a feeling it's a bit harder than you've made it sound. I'm not sure I would have the patience to get it formed just right. I might give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Pamela Graham said...

I believe she said she removed the leaf and used paints.

Pamela Graham said...

She said in her instructions the leaf was removed and acrylic paints were used.

Pamela Graham said...

I believe she said she removed the leaf and used paints.

sue lemure said...

Is this a REAL LEAF?...HELP

sue lemure said...

Is this a real leaf?

Pamela Graham said...

Sue, did you read the instructions. All the information is in there....it is so cool!

sue lemure said...

Yes i did.......no mention whether it has to be real....hmmm

Malissa Babcock said...

Carefully remove your leaf from the cast,it should peel right out. the leaf is not in it ppl read it.

Pamela Graham said...

Don't think it matters if it is real or not!

sue lemure said...

Milissa i asked if it had to be a REAL leaf....NOT if i leave it in....

sue lemure said...

Pamela..Thankyou..now i can maybe find some at a craft store..

Pamela Graham said...

You're welcome....there are so many ways to do things, we just have to open our minds! I can hardly wait to try this! Make it a great day! Pamie G.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...