Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My DIY Make-Over

This is the story of my old hall tree that my sweet hubby and I bought when we were first married. It has certainly served it's purpose over the "many" years of holding our friends and families coats and sports gear and well just our junk!It was really looking quite worn and boring and every time I'd pass it by it mocked me,lol. Finally enough was enough and out came the big guns.I whipped up a batch of my trusty chalk paint and to work I got painting that smug smile forever off that hall tree! Whew I've had too much coffee,lol.After I painted two coats I distressed a bit  and then gave it some homemade stained wax.The difference was quite a POP of color even though its white,I'm LOVIN it.

Linking To: Serenity Now

10 comments:

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Great job- my favorite paint combination, white with a glaze. The hall tree looks a million times better! :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your project feels perfect for summer! Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Well done!

Cristina Garay said...

The magic of paint!! It certainly looks way better with your paint combination!!
Stopping by from BNOP, I'm now following.

Lissa said...

Such a beautiful transformation! I have several pieces I need to do something like this to - thanks for the inspiration!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

It looks too good to put the coats back on it!

Erin~Just*Grand said...

This looks like an entirely new old piece! I love how it turned out. Visiting from A Diamond in the Stuff.

Scribbler said...

Nice job! I grew up with a hall tree in our house, and think they are invaluable piece for collecting the everyday detritus of a family.

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

I love it! It looks awesome! Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party
.

Cecilia Bramhall said...

wow, that looks great! New follower from thebfarm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...