Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Simple Fall Twig Wreath

We recently put a new front door on and it totally changes the look of our home but I still need to choose a color and paint it.As I was mowing the lawn and glancing every so often at the new door,it seemed to me to be missing something (other than paint) lol.It got me to thinking that a simple Fall wreath would do the trick.So down into my craft room I went to construct a very easy and seasonal wreath.
All you will need is a sturdy twig wreath
Hot glue gun
Varied sizes of pine cones
Dollar store trimmings and ribbon. I just tore apart an old wreath and got out my Fall decorations from last year and started hot gluing pine cones and old leaf garland that I cut up. When I was done gluing everything I made a ribbon from some ribbon that I got at the dollar store,thats it! Now all I have to do is buy a wreath hanger and hang it outside.

8 comments:

Suzannes Pastimes said...

Your wreath is perfect or Fall. Love how the ribbon is flowing over the wreath. Very pretty!

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

woow,,,,that is a great job :)
and do not miss...

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

that's lovely, Diedre. It's 90 degrees here today so I'm having a hard time thinking about fall right now. But it will be here before I know it and I can't wait!!

Debra Anne of GIPSY in the PARLOUR said...

Yay - love it! I'm getting ready for fall here too.... just put away all my summertime beachy decor... & now I'm inspired to make a new wreath for my front door too ;-)

Laura said...

Looks great! I'm so ready to start putting out fall decorations but we have a rule that we have to wait until September 1. Not too much longer!

Laura said...

That wreath is gorgeous! You are talented! I may try to make this and get the dust off of my glue gun.

Heather Kaluf said...

Love your wreath! I have that same ribbon, putting it on my fall wreath too.
I found you via the blog hope on Sasse Life... I have followed you GFC and Linky.
Would love to have you stop by my blog :)
xoxo
Heather
www.HeatherlyLoves.com

Jody and Stan said...

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful fall wreath on Simple & Sweet Fridays. You're so creative, loved how it turned out!

Jody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...