Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Simple Table

Whew! Today is the first day in MONTHS that its actually cool and breezy outside and I'm not a hostage in my house anymore.Still no rain but I will most definitely take a cool breeze!
As I was garage sailing last week I was getting ready to leave a sale when I saw a small old table{Yes I'm addicted to tables!}loaded up with tools for sale.I asked the sale owner if the table was for sale and she said yes and I asked what shed take for it and she said $5!! Am I lucking out with the five dollar sales or what! So I made my daughter carry it to the van and home we went.When I got it in the garage I noticed a small metal tag on the front that said Gaylord Bros. Inc. so I asked around and found that its a very well made furniture Co. Who knew?
The tabletop was kind of worn a bit and since Im simply addicted to white for some strange reason I decided to give it one coat of chalk paint and just distress it some.It fits right in around here in our work in progress family room!

13 comments:

Marcie said...

Love the table Deidre! I am now following you on linky and GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow back and maybe even link up on my Monday linky party.
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Love what you did to this table, Deidre. How did you finish the top - stain and poly? Or just polyurethane? I have a similar task ahead of me and am not sure which way to go.

Candy said...

Such a pretty yet simple piece. I love it. Great job. 8-)

Marcie said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing at "I Gotta Try That" Have a great day!
Marcie

Jill Flory of Sew a Fine Seam said...

Cool! I like how you left the top natural. I've never done that but I'm liking it a lot as I'm seeing it more and more. Might have to try that one sometime soon!

Kathy Moody said...

You did a fantastic job! I love the colors. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your newest follower. :)

One More Time said...

Very Nice...Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog...would love it if you would come by Share it One More Time
http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/08/features-and-share-it-one-more-time.html
Tammy

deborah@confessions of a craigslist junkie said...

What a find! It looks great. Thank you for stopping by and your comment on my blog. I'm following you now!

One More Time said...

Hi Deidre,
Just want to thank you again for linking up and to let you know you have been featured over at Share It One More Time. Hope to see you again this Friday! Please grab your I have been featured button, it is located on my side bar.
Congratulations!!!
Tammy

Nicole@Show Off Friday said...

Very nice work. That table looks classy!

Kati @ Obscured Flair- said...

your table turned out really well!! What an excellent find!

Kati @ Obscured Flair- said...

your table turned out really well!! What an excellent find!

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

It looks lovely! Thanks so much for linking up to our Pinteresting Party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...