Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

A DIY Craft Space

I have long wanted to freshen up my old dark dank basement craft/laundry space,but didn't have the motivation or money to do so.
Since we live in an old colonial that is quite outdated I really wanted to go to the basement to craft or do laundry without feeling it was a space I could enjoy.So armed with some nails ,paint burlap and old boards I went to work sprucing up this disastrous room and Ive made it step by step a fun place to craft (for a basement).
First I painted all the counter tops and sealed them.next I made little built-ins and painted the black chalkboard walls and hung fun inspirational things up.I made a couple of fun signs to motivate me while I'm done there.The biggest thing I did was to fill in the old pegboard wall and make a Gi-normous chalkboard.I took some burlap and skirted the craft table to hide my storage underneath.Later on I will be painting the floor but for now take a peek at the BEFORE    then at the AFTER.....

Now the after...
 
 
 

3 comments:

designeddecor said...

Nice makeover! Sooo much better! I hope it's sparks the creative juices!

suzyq said...

OMG - it's fantastic Deidre!
I'm so jealous ( really I am - no room for a craft room here )
Great job!

Katie Drane said...

Wow Deidre!! What a fantastic space:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...