Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

A DIY Shell Mirror


Here's an easy project I recently did to try and use up some old shells that I had
as well as a mirror that I took out of an old frame.I realize that we're into Fall projects now but I wanted to get this done so I would have it for my mantle next season,and I just had fun hot gluing all those shells.It was really quite simple just hot glue and shells thats it easy-peasy!This mirror is quite heavy now so it simply lays against the wall.Theres alot of pretty shimmer from the shells (say that ten times really fast,lol)
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Wende said...

Lovely. I am doing alot of coastal decor in our attempt to move to the beach asap. Love this mirror. Will be on the hunt for an oval one, looks great, don't think a round one would be as stunning. Thanks for the inspiration. Was wondering what to do with all my loose shells. Thanks.

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

I think something like this is timeless, no matter the season. Looks great, Diedre.

designeddecor said...

Very pretty and classy! Love all the different shells.

Linda @nothingbutblueskyes said...

This mirror is so beautiful - I did a few tiny mirrors and picture frames, but haven't attempted anything as large and lovely as this! Great work!

Ally C-ell said...

Well done. Such a simple and original idea and such a great finished product. Next time I'll go to the beach, I know what I'll be looking for. Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...