Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ravishingly Red


Today I'm all about the reds,from my new freshly painted front door to my gorgeous chest of drawers I just painted.
This was my old fall wreath that I made a month or so ago but it needed sprucing up so that's exactly what it got!I painted my front door red and then glazed over it with a black and the results are so pretty.
I will be adding a kick plate to the bottom of the door this week but for now I'm happy.Now moving on to more red.I had an amazing find on Monday at my local Salvation Army.I found the sweetest chest of drawers for my bedroom makeover and it was a steal as I got the clerk down to $20.00! I must admit I smiled all the way home.I got her into the garage and started her transformation with some help from my trusty homemade chalk paint.So without further adoo heres the before and the gorgeous after......






























Linking To: PJH Designs
Linking To: Savvy Southern Style
Linking To: Primitive and Proper
Linking To: Miss Mustard Seed
Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: Embracing Messy
Linking To: The DIY Show Off
Linking To: Beyond The Picket Fence
Linking To: A Delightsome Life
Linking To: Handy Man Crafty Woman
Linking To: Embacing Change
Linking To: House of Hepworths
 Linking To: 2805 Linking To: Lil Pink Pocket
Linking To: Redoux

20 comments:

Cecilia said...

ooo, very nice. I love red - great redo on the dresser!

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Love what you did with the door, Diedre. Adding the black glaze gave it so much dimension, very old world looking.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Deidra. Your door is just beautiful. Love the black glaze you put on and it just sets your wreath off perfectly. What a great buy on the dresser. Beautiful shape and very pretty in red..Happy Wednesday..Judy

thistlewoodfarm said...

It's all about the red :). Your front door looks stunning!

Thanks for inspiring me today :)

blessings,
karianne

Leen said...

oh my gracious, I love the red door! Did you know that a red door means welcome? I would love to paint our door red but it wouldn't go so well with our sea green house.

I can't believe you scored that dresser for $20!! Totally digging the way you turned the handles around :)

Nancy at maddalee™ said...

Hi Deidra, I love the red door, but especially love the dresser, very beautiful!

Have a good day, Nancy

Rita said...

Visiting from french Country Cottage. what a great find your dresser was to begin with and what an amazing transformation.
it makes such a big statement now that I'm sure it will add a lot of character and style too your room.
rita

Lisa said...

Ooohhh, I'm a sucker for red. Gorgeous!

Lisa :)

driftwoodesign said...

Great Job!
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love the red! the dresser is ravishing in red and i love the handles popping against it- so sexy! :)

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Stunner! I love that you flipped the knobs upside down on the dresser. So smart.

Debra Anne of GIPSY in the PARLOUR said...

Oh my fabulous!! Deidre, I so wish I was as brave as you with color.... you use it with such style & ease.

I would love to have a red door.... yours looks amazing... it just belongs perfectly ;-)

DIY Show Off said...

LOVE that color! Beautiful job - the door is so warm and welcoming for fall, perfect backdrop for that festive wreath and the dresser? A stunner! Gorgeous!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Ravishing is the right word for this! Always love red doors and the furniture looks wonderful!
I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Gorgeous! Both the door and the dresser. I love how you inverted the handles. Love, Love, Love. I'm a new follower. Won't you come by and share at Totally Transformed? I know my readers would love to see. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com

Karen said...

GORGEOUS wreath and red door.Your dresser is stunning too. You are so very talented.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

I love it Deidre! I'm featuring you later tonight at Totally Transformed Tuesday.

Good Time Charlie said...

WOWZER! This is a stunner!! I love the bold red on this curvy piece, and what a steal at $20! You are a master bargainer.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I also love the red and the handles turned upside down make it more fabulous

Good Time Charlie said...

Just love this, featuring at my party today. Starts at 2:00 PST. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...