Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A DIY Platform Bed For A Very Special Boy

Today I thought I'd show you the platform bed I made for my son and I got the inspiration to start this from Chanty 2 Chic.http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/01/pb-teen-inspired-platform-bed.html
I decided to change it up a bit and take it in my own direction as my boy loves this finished product! Hey that's good enough for me.This bed went together very easily and I finished it the same day I started it,and it didn't break the bank either!I finished it up with some black paint and I stained the rest to look like a worn finish.
This was just after I put everything together before the paint and stain.





Linked To: The Dedicated House
Linked To:Savvy Southern Style
Linking To: A Stroll Thru Life
Linking To: The Blissful Be
Linking To: Someday Crafts
Linking To:Katherines Corner
Linking To: Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Linking To: The Shabby Creek Cottage
Linking To: Embracing change
Linking To: House of Hepworths
Linking To:French Country Cottage
Linking To: Miss Mustard Seed
Linking To: Craft Dictator
Linking To: Glitter Glue

11 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

This is so clever and I love the look. What a great idea. YOur linens are fabulous too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Deb Hrabik said...

I love that panel board look!
That could go in any room.
I keep telling my husband I would like to do a whole wall!
Great project,
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

kitty said...

What a great job you did on the platform bed.
Thank you so much for your visit and your kind words. xo

Trisha said...

Very impressive! I love how you finished it too. Great job!

~Trisha

Down to Earth Style said...

I was thinking about you a little while ago. How did I ever lose track of you?. I deleted my blog roll once on accident and never got everybody back that I had popping up. I was keeping connected there. Shoot girl! Hope all is well with you. Your blog looks great! xo

Cara Craft said...

You did an amazing job on the platform bed! I've been thinking about making one! Come Link Up with us tomorrow at Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!

mothers shadow said...

GREAT site! I'm a new follower. Carrie, www.amothersshadow.com

Nancy Bandzuch said...

Amazing job! I would love to include this in a roundup I am putting together, which will be posted on my blog. I will just grab a picture and give you a link back. If you'd prefer that I didn't use this project, please email me at nancy.verly@gmail.com

Katherines Corner said...

wow, that is terrific! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

Krista thehappyhousie said...

Awesome Deidre! We are working on my sons' room right now and this is great inspiration for the beds we are soon to build!! Thank you so much for sharing this at Work it Wednesday. I'm pinning this and will be featuring it on my facebook page this week! Hope to see you back next week:)

- Krista @ the happy housie

Cara Kueck said...

Thanks for posting on Craft Frenzy Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...