Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bringing some Pizazzzz to A Tired Old Chair

I finished this project a while ago and thought you'd like to see how I took this lil chair from dull and lifeless to "WOW".
I must say I started and stopped working on this several times as I have NEVER seen so many staples in my life!I have the scars to prove it,lol. Well following are the before pics as I took this apart one piece at a time and put it back together a bit differently,I numbered each piece of fabric as I took it apart and I even took pics on my phone so I wouldnt forget.Before I recovered the chair I sanded it a bit then made some of my trusty chalk paint and gave the chair some freshness.When all was dry I proceeded to put it all back together trying hard not to use a million staples.The pieces I took off the chair were used as templates for the new material.I added some black trim for the WOW factor using Fabritack glue.Im loving the chair now!


Linking To: Savvy Southern Style
Linking To:The Shabby Creek Cottage
Linking To: Live Laugh Rowe
Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: My Turn For Us
Linking To: The Girl Creative
Linking To: Young And Crafty
Linking To: My Romantic Home
Linking To: Miss Mustard Seed
Linking To:The DIY Show Off

6 comments:

Heather - New House New Home said...

That is definitely a wow!! I can see it in a teen's bedroom.

marsha cannon said...

Great job - I love the way your chair turned out!

Lynne Knowlton said...

I want that chair. STAT. :) It's gorgy gorgeous! Lynne xx

Khammany @ Sweet Inspired Home said...

Hi Deidre! This chair is so pretty! You did an excellent job! Love all the colors!
I'm a new follower! I'm going to look around your blog some more!
-Khammany

Emma Kate at Painted Style said...

You made it so funky! I love it! x

Holly Tompkins said...

This is so adorable! I think I will have to do my own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...