Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

A Fall Box

This week I decided that I wanted to make a very rustic long box for my table  to house flowers and seasonal things.
As I was driving home one morning I spied an old pallet on the side of the road so without hesitation I pulled over and loaded it into my van.All I can say is it's a good thing my kids weren't with me as they've told me time and time again they wont be a party to my garbage picking,lol. I put this together with inspiration that I saw on another bloggers site but I used some old cupboard handles for the ends of the box.It was a fast job once I got the pallet boards off and cut the whole thing took about thirty minutes,now that's my kind of project.I cut the two long boards at 37 inches and the smaller side pieces at 9 and a half and I cut them at a 15 degree angle the bottom piece was also cut at 37 inches.I used two inch wood screws to hold it all together. Its very rustic and has a vintage appeal to it and I will be filling it with white pumpkins and many gourds  in a few weeks.


Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: The Dedicated House
Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: The Shabby Nest
Linking To: Craftberry Bush
Linking To: Craft Dictator
Linking To: Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson
Linking To: Funky Junk Interiors
Linking To: Thistlewood Farms

7 comments:

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Love it, Diedre!! And the fact that it's roadside find makes it even more wonderful.

Sharon said...

Your rustic box centerpiece is perfection. I love that you "salvaged" the materials from a pallet from the side of the road. My daughter has finally become a convert. She brought me a pallet she found behind where she works and got her boyfriend to load up into the back of her SUV. Now we just have to decide on a project. Thank you for your kind comments at the Blue Willow House.

Debra Anne Lindell said...

OMG Deidre, this is FAB. I'm forever inspired by your energy. I may have to enlist The Mister's help & make myself one. I'm certain we have more than a few pallets to spare. Have a lovely day, my friend!! ;-)

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

I love how you filled the box with fun florals and I love the hardware on the box....so pretty!!

Susan said...

That box is perfection! Can you share where you found the directions or could you give the dimensions for each cut piece? Especially the end angles? Thanks.
Susan

Jann Olson said...

Deidre, I love it! The gatherings of Fall you put together are beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
hugs,
Jann

Debby Ray said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...