Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Simple Seat

Today I decided to make this little seat/bench for my front stoop.
We are always juggling groceries,sports gear and mail while trying to open the door. There really isn't much room for anything on this stoop but I made it to fit perfectly.I had no plans just an old headboard from my sons twin bed.Armed with some lumber I already had in the garage and my homemade chalk paint I started to frame it.Were not talking about anything fancy here just very straightforward and simple.Surprisingly its Very comfortable too.The whole little project took about two hours if you include paint drying time.


Linking To: The Shabby Creek Cottage
Linking To: House of Hepworths
Linking To: Young and Crafty
Linking To: The Dedicated House
Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: Funky Junk Interiors
Linking To: Nifty Thrifty Things

7 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your bench is so perfect for that spot. Way to go! It would have taken me all day to make that.

Kylie Helm said...

I am so smitten over this bench! I have been searching high and low for a perfect seat for our porch, and I may just be inspired to create my own!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Your little bench is adorable!! It is perfect for your porch, and I'll bet it makes you smile every time you use it, because you made it! Awesome!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, goodness! Your bench is so flippin' cute! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! I would love it if you would share this post at my Make it Pretty Monday party. Here is the link to this week's party if you want to check it out! http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-65.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Refresh Renew said...

Love your cute bench! I have that exact headboard from my daughter's bunk bed...may have to try this one! thanks for visiting my blog!-aimee

Suzie @ Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too said...

Love this project and just shared on G+.

New follower here and would love for you to come check out my blog and follow!

Dorothy Sue and Millie B's too

Christy James said...

I love this little bench! I am in the middle of repurposing two headboards into benches myself and I'm really dragging it out...I need to just get them done, this is great motivation! Super cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...