Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Blue"

Today I thought I'd share with you an old piece that I have given a new look to.
It was painted white a few years back but I just wanted to Punch it up and give it a bit of fun personality.I mixed up some chalk paint in varying colors such as yellow, sage and teal and painted a coat of each.I wanted to paint roughly and with some depth for each color.  Then after all was dry I sanded to reveal the colors beneath and gave a heavy coat of wax mixed with dark gel stain. Now this has become quite a conversation piece because it just Pops.Its funky and Fun.


Linking To: The DIY Showoff
Linking To: Classy Clutter
Linking To: Its Overflowing
Linking To: My Turn For Us
Linking To: Nifty Thrifty Things
Linking To: The Shabby Nest
Linking To: Redoux Interiors
Linking To: Life On Lakeshore Drive
Linking To: The Dedicated House

3 comments:

Sharon Glanville said...

Love love love the color! So vibrant and rich. Great work, love your style.
See you soon ~ Sharon and Denise
http://bebetsy.com

Kathy Moody said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you!

Just followed you on G+, Facebook and Hometalk. Can't wait to see more of your amazing work. :)

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kathy

Khammany @ Sweet Inspired Home said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! The blue is so striking, I can't stop looking at it. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...