Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Going Green"

This is just something fun for my family and I as we LOVE having our chalkboard wall in the kitchen.
As you might recall It was black then I decided to paint it back to just a regular wall when I was surprised by the disappointment of the family. They all loved the chalkboard wall including my husband! Who knew? Well  I got to thinking about what the chalkboards looked like in my day and was inspired by some walls I saw on Pinterest.I made my homemade chalk paint but just as I was finishing up I ran out of the paint colors so in a rush I flew to Lowes to have them mix me more.The girls were so nice but couldnt find the paint recipe on the jars so we were all in a panic but luckily we were able to match them up and I finished quickly. The wall above was Fantastic for what I'm doing now,and the kids are back to "messaging" me on the big wall! Below are the before ,during and after pics.



Linking To: DIY Show Off
Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: Its So Very Cheri
Linking To: I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Linking To: A Stroll Thru Life

3 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love this idea, how fun and wow, talk about a statement. Fantastic idea. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will go live tomorrow afternoon. www.astrollthrulife.net Hugs, Marty

Heather @ New House New Home said...

I love this too, Diedre. Wish I had a wall that could "house" something like this.

LuAnn Braley said...

New subscriber from the post on Hometalk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...