Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

New Use For An Old Pallet

As I was finishing my last Pallet project and ready to make kindling out of the rough and jagged scraps,a friend asked me to come up with a frame of some sort for her.
She said it needed to be very rustic and rough so out to the garage I went again.I put together these pieces jagged and all with gouges and nail holes and I connected them all with three scraps of wood and some screws.
No muss no fuss, then I proceeded to do the lettering as in one of my older posts, go here for the tutorial http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com/2012/06/summer-sign.html  I had purchased these frames at the Dollar Tree and I just put two tack nails in the back of each  right onto the pallet boards.The silver edges were a bit shiny so I went over them with a black sharpie then wiped it off.
I sanded the letters and went over the whole thing with darkened paste wax. Not bad huh? Total cost for this project two dollars.Customer satisfaction!


Linking To: Jennifer Rizzo
Linking To: Funky Junk Interiors
Linking To: Classy Clutter
Linking To: Its Overflowing
Linking To: Too Much Time On My HandsLinking To: MY Turn For Us
Linking To: DIY Show Off
Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: So Me 2
Linking To: SoMe2

4 comments:

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your pallet wood frame is adorable- I love it!

Trisha said...

This turned out really cute and you can't beat the price!

~Trisha

Khammany @ Sweet Inspired Home said...

How creative! I love seeing what people do with pallets and this frame is so adorable!

Down to Earth Style said...

This is gorgeous all rough with pretty corner details. Great job! I pinned it, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...