Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Shabby Frame

Today I was going through all my old frames as I came across two large black frames and I had an idea to make a shabby memo frame.
I had some old lattice out in my garden and it was nicely weathered and I had lots of burlap and rope so I knew what I wanted to do. This project was super easy and didn't take long to make at all. First I cut the lattice with a circular saw to fit inside the frame.Next I cut the burlap about a half inch longer than the cardboard backing of the frame. I hot glued the edges to the cardboard then glued the burlap covered cardboard to the lattice. Down in my craft room I found some old rope so I hot glued that to the front of the lattice and added some cute small clothes pins for cards or photos. I also roughed up the frame with some heavy duty sandpaper to give it a shabby look. Just for fun I added a bit of whimsy to the top with some jute a vintage skeleton key and two small pine cones. Total cost FREEEEE! Gotta love that.







Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: Redoux
Linking To: Crafty Spices
Linking To: The Girl Creative
Linking To; House of Rose

2 comments:

Holly Makowski said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Stan Bush said...

That's great use of available materials. I didn't know where they were going with it until I saw the pictures on the clothespins. Thanks for letting us know about this Holly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...