Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

DIY Shabby-Chipped Photo Board

Here's an easy fun project that I saw on Pinterest today and I knew I had a bit of extra wood laying around in my garage so I thought I'd give it a try.
The inspiration comes from Chanty 2 Chic and you can get the details here: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2013/10/diy-picture-frame-2.html
I didn't have exactly enough wood but I still managed to come up with a cute rustic chippy frame and I'm going to be making several more for my mantle.Total time to make this was thirty minutes easy-peasy.
This is what I did, first I cut my wood the desired length then sanded it all a bit.I then wood glued my cross pieces then nailed them together.Next I stained everything with some stain of choice that I already had.I mixed up some of my home made chalk paint and gave this a quick coat then sanded the whole thing once dry.I hot glued a small clothes pin and added a photo, not bad!





Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: Twigg Studios

3 comments:

gina valley said...

I LOVE the way that looks! Great way to display photos.

Also, stopping by from Crafty Spices Hop to check out and grab an email subscription to your blog. Your blog looks great!

Thank you for visiting and grabbing an email subscription on mine as well.
http://ginavalley.com/
Have a great weekend! -gina

Donna Wilkes said...

I love the patina you achieved and it is a sweet way to display special photos.

Amie Irwin said...

This is gorgeous! Love how simple it is~
xoxo
Amie @ pinkapotamus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...