Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

DIY Woodblock Pumpkins

Welcome! Today as the family and I were closing down the gardens I had a cute idea for my old woodblock patio candles that I had made a few years ago.
I didn't want to spend any money on this cute craft so I used things from my gardens and some paint that I already had.First I sprayed all the old blocks with some bright orange spray paint.When dry I sanded the edges a bit to give them an aged look.Armed with my saw I cut a branch down from my old birch tree and cut stems for the woodblock pumpkins.From out of my brush pile the kids gathered some dried long leaves that resemble raffia.We brought all of this in the house and began hot gluing the stems to the woodblocks as well as  the dried leaves.I had some left over burlap so I cut out some rough leaves and glued those to the stem,and that's all she wrote!All in all I'd say this Free project turned out pretty darn festive and earthy. Below are a couple pictures of the wood blocks as patio candles followed by their "new" look,enjoy!You can see them here:http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com/2012/06/relaxing-outdoors.html
Linking To: Its So Very Cheri
Linking To: Creative Home Expression
Linking To: DIY Show Off
Linking To: Shaken Togetether
Linking To: The Chicken Chic
Linking To: Redhead Can Decorate
Linking To: Keeping It Simple

3 comments:

Clydia Mangold said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up to ITS PARTY TIME! Shared your awesomeness via G+. xoxo Clydia @ THREE MANGO SEEDS

Kayla Janachovsky said...

These are adorable! I'm hosting a fall wreath giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-fall-wreath-giveaway.html

Lisa Lynn said...

I love your pumpkins! Thanks so much for sharing them on The Creative Home & Garden Hop! They are one of my features!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...