Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Easy Yard Stick Star

With the weather cooling down up here and the radio  already cranking out the Christmas music I'm so in the holiday crafting spirit.I saw this particular craft on Pinterest a while ago and have always wanted to make it so yesterday while I was at Home Depot I picked up five yardsticks totaling three dollars.
I assembled this star in less than thirty minutes start to finish SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy.What you will need to make this project: 5-yardsticks,Hot Glue,Stain of your choice,white paint,a string of 100 lights.
First position your yardsticks to the desired shape,then hot glue them in place. Next  Stain the whole thing front and back.
I stained mine outside on a wicked windy day so it dried fast.Then your going to paint over the stain when dried and let that dry as well.After the paint is dried I sanded it all over to give it an aged look then strung the star with the lights. Easy as could be and so very charming too!
For the paint I made up some chalk paint as I just like the look.




Linking To: Alderberry Hill
Linking To: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Linking To: The Blackberry Vine
Linking To: The Girl Creative
Linking To: The Dedicated House

10 comments:

ourwolfden said...

So cute, what a great idea. I really like this, and the possibilities are endless, for example I can see a large “W” hanging over my fireplace made like this!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Love, that is adorable hmmm I need me some yard stocks!

Abby said...

Yard sticks are just so handy! Your star is super cute, the paint job is fabulous. Thanks so much for stopping by chapter37 and for your kind comment!

Debra Anne Lindell said...

Deidre, oh my goodness, you've been busy!!! I'm so in love with this & your easy pinecone wreath - pinecone wreaths always remind me of my gramma ;-)

I need to make some time for creative projects once harvesting is done here - thank-you for being so fabulously inspiring!!

Angela Davis said...

I love the rustic look of this. I'm definitely going to try it, thanks for sharing!

Christy James said...

Love this and so easy for a huge impact! XO

Donna Wilkes said...

Love this star and the patina from the stain/paint treatment is wonderful. I would use this any time of year.

Julia@Happy House and Home said...

CUTE - I love twinkle lights all year round and always looking for ways to incorporate them! This is a great idea - pinning! Julia

Reduce, Reuse, Renewed said...

Awww! I love stars and yours is absolutely stunning! The aging technique seems so simple to do.

Heaven's Walk said...

What a darling idea, Deidre! Thanks for sharing it!

xoxo laurie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...