Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My DIY Pinecone Wreath

With the weather forecast of snow this week I was getting in the holiday mood and was inspired to make a new pine cone wreath for my door.
You might all recall the wreath I made last year you can find it here: http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-wintery-wreath.html  This is what it looked like..
Just as that wreath was virtually free so is this easy-peasy pine cone wreath.I began with a base made out of scrap wood I had in my garage and i just cut out a circle with my jig saw.
Next I assembled everything I would need such as hot glue gun, glue sticks, lots of pine cones and my Dollar Tree  embellishments.I just started gluing the pine cones to the the base in no particular order,and I glued and glued and glued......After I had a full wreath of pine cones I just added pops of the red wherever I liked gluing those as well.I added a small wood screw on the back with some floral wire to hang and that's it!Hope you will get motivated to make your own holiday wreath.

Linking To: Elizabeth and Co.
Linking To: My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Linking To: Alderberry Hill
Linking To: The Dedicated House
Linking To: Not Just A Housewife
Linking To: DIY By Design
Linking To: The Blissful Bee
Linking To: Savvy Southern Style
Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: Redoux
Linking To: The Girl Creative
Linking To: House of Rose
Linking To: Serenity Now

Linking To: The Brambleberry Cottage
Linking To: Twigg Studios

9 comments:

Ashley @3littlegreenwoods said...

That white version of the pinecone wreath would look awesome on my red front door!

Thanks for the inspiration!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Love both the natural and white pinecone wreaths! You did an awesome job ;-)

the cape on the corner said...

super cute. I wish I had the ease of finding so many pinecones!

Robin Johnson said...

Beautifully done. Your wreath looks amazing. I have never tried making one with pine cones but you make it look so simple I may have to give it whirl.

Taylor Hoffman said...

Beautiful!

Krista thehappyhousie said...

Gorgeous! Even my five year old son, sitting beside me as I read this, said "wow, that's a nice wreath!. Think "we" found a little inspiration. Thanks! Pinned:)

Glamorous Mommy said...

This is gorgeous!!

Fotini

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Gorgeous! I've got to make this one! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Debby Ray said...

Oh, I just love this beautiful wreath! The one you painted white is also beyond gorgeous! I have bunch of unused pine cones that I need to do this with. Thank you for inspiring me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...