Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

An Easy DIY Board and Batten Wall

Here's an easy tutorial on how I did my board and batten wall in my small hallway.
I had some two inch cut  MDF boards out in my garage from previous projects so all I had to do here was measure and cut.Since this was about a six foot wall this job only took me an hour to do from start to finish.First I cut everything to the desired length then I pre drilled all my holes and nailed everything with two inch nails.
I did not use liquid nail to glue these strips to the wall as I might want to change up my wall in the future and I didn't want the hassle of re working this wall.After I got all the two inch strips of MDF nailed to the wall I added another piece on the top to act as a ledge for photos.
I made some of my white chalk paint and gave the boards a few coats.
Don't mind the dust on my frames,lol not a bad look for an hours work!This gave my hall some more character.








Linking To: French Country Cottage
Linking To: My Romantic Home
Linking To: Common Ground
Linking To: Redoux
Linking To: The Blackberry Vine
Linking To: handy Man Crafty Woman

1 comment:

annajohn777 said...

Just thought I would comment and say great theme, did you make it on your own? Looks really good!
Jeux de coiffure

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...