Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Daze and a Table Re-Do

Well here I am all hunkered down as we are in a COLD state of emergency up here in the North Country so I decided to transform an old ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!
I purchased this old "solid wood" coffee table awhile back at my Salvation Army and being that I'm stuck inside today seemed like a great day to work on it. I had previously sanded down the top and roughed up the legs a bit so It was time to stain the top.
 I gave it a heavy coat of dark Walnut stain and it sucked it right up.Next after the stain dried I made some homemade chalk paint in white and painted the base with two coats of that.Now after all was dried I proceeded to sand and rough up the base just a bit to my liking then I coated it all with some wax paste including the top. All in all not bad for five dollars! This piece is SOLID very heavy.






Linking To: My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Linking To: Elizabeth and Co

5 comments:

Heather - New House New Home said...

Looks awesome. I love leaving the top natural with a painted base.

I'm painting today too - it's so cold here in SW Ontario (-10F) even the dog won't go out!

Designed Decor said...

Love it! Great job on the wood top! I am pinning this one!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Beautiful! Love the white with the natural wood top!

Jann Olson said...

Love it! You really did a great job on this redo.
hugs,
Jann

Jann Olson said...

Love it! You really did a great job on this redo.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...