Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

DIY Pottery Barn Knock-off Headdboard

Hello again! Well its been a long crazy summer up here in the north but schools just about to start back up next week,Yayyyyyyy! Meanwhile my teen was redoing her room and asked me to make her a black headboard for her bed, "challenge accepted".
I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to do so off to Home Depot for a few pieces of wood and that's all I needed to get started.
First I attached two posts to the bed frame added two finials next I attached a 2x4 across the bottom of the posts to make things more secure.
I had an old crib rail out in the garage all beat up and figured i would include that in my design so I attached that to the posts but then it was looking like a crib,lol so I knew I wanted to add a frame around  the entire rail so out to the garage again to cut some scraps for a nice finish.

Finally for the last step I mixed up some of my homemade Black chalk paint and gave the whole thing two coats and there you have it a super cute headboard for my teen and hey, she loves it!

Linking To: Stone Gable
Linking To: DIY Show Off
Linking To: Liz Marie Blog
Linking To: Serenity Now
Linking To: AKA Design+Life

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...